itDuzzit eliminates manual data entry between BlueFolder and other systems, saving you time and reducing data entry errors.
- Use itDuzzit to synchronize billing information between BlueFolder and FreshBooks
- Build your own custom integration solutions using our BlueFolder API connectors
On this page:
- How to connect your BlueFolder account to your itDuzzit account
- BlueFolder to FreshBooks integration
Before using our BlueFolder solutions, you must connect your itDuzzit account to your BlueFolder account.
- Ensure that API access is enabled in your BlueFolder account. Check the box under Settings -> API (tab).
- In itDuzzit, select BlueFolder on the Connections page or click here.
- Enter your BlueFolder API Key and then save the connection.
- Test the connection by running one of our BlueFolder connectors, such as the BlueFolder Item List connector.
With itDuzzit, you can synchronize billing information between BlueFolder and FreshBooks:
- Create FreshBooks invoices from BlueFolder service requests
- Create FreshBooks time entries from BlueFolder service requests
- Update payment status in BlueFolder when you receive payment in FreshBooks
To get started, add the BlueFolder FreshBooks integration to your itDuzzit account.
You can use itDuzzit to create a single invoice from a service request, or you can configure itDuzzit to automatically send all service requests that are ready for billing. To send a single service request, enter the service request id. If the customer is not found in FreshBooks, one is created automatically. All billable information including labor, material, and expenses are added to the invoice.
All the invoice data is visible in BlueFolder under the service request billing tab.
Use the Create Invoices from Service Requests duzzit to process all service requests at a certain status. For example, set your service request status to “Ready to Bill” and configure the duzzit to process all “Ready to Bill” service requests. Schedule this duzzit to run as frequently as necessary and then view your itDuzzit logs page to see a summary of all your activity.
itDuzzit offers a variety of ways to bill for service requests. You can create invoices for all time that occurred within a certain date range or combine all completed service requests into a single invoice.
Rather than create an invoice automatically, some users would rather send BlueFolder labor to FreshBooks time entries. Once the time entries are in FreshBooks an invoice can be generated. Use our create time entries duzzit to automatically create a project and add time entries. There is one project per BlueFolder customer. Note, however, that this option will not update BlueFolder with billing information.
This duzzit attempts to assign staff to any new project. It will not however, create new staff in FreshBooks. Therefore, it is preferred that the project and staff are created ahead of time.
To automatically update a service request with payment status, go to the payment status update duzzit and click the “Register This FreshBooks Webhook” button. Doing this tells FreshBooks to to send payment updates to BlueFolder.
Every time a payment is made in FreshBooks, itDuzzit will query BlueFolder for a service request with a matching invoice number. If found, the billing status will be updated to “Paid”. You can optionally define a new service request status. For example, you could set the service request status to “Closed” once it is paid in FreshBooks. If your BlueFolder system is not storing invoice number, you can instead add the service request number to the invoice notes in FreshBooks. The notes should be in the form “Service request #12345.”
Select the FreshBooks menu option in itDuzzit to remove this feature.